A few bits of news for everyone on this Monday afternoon:
- The Gamecocks had another good week on the diamond this past week, and the pollsters are beginning to warm up to us. Baseball America has us at 10, USA Today at 13, and Rivals at 9. It's another big slate for the Gamecocks this week, as we take on The Citadel midweek and Ole Miss over the weekend, so more wins could catapult us even higher this time next week.
- As always, be sure to check out LOHD's wrap-up for additional baseball coverage.
- Jay Brown won SEC Pitcher of the Week after his dominant Sunday performance against Vandy.
- Ray Tanner gets his 1000th win.
- C&F gives us the rundown on SEC diamond action.
- Rick Stansbury turns down Clemson.
- We're not the only ones in the state worrying after a spring game. Clemson, like the Gamecocks, is worried about line play, and perhaps even more worried about what their season will look like if Kyle Parker ditches them.