The following is some information for visitors to Omaha, sent to me by the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau. Sorry for not posting this earlier--my new wife and I were on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico, so I hope you'll understand that I was away from my computer.
New Downtown Omaha Information:
- The new TD Ameritrade Ballpark replaces Rosenblatt Stadium, which was home to the College World Series from 1950-2010. The ballpark is located in downtown Omaha, on 1200 Mike Fahey Street.
- The new downtown ballpark has many hotels within walking distance. Fans will be able to walk to the ballpark and back to their hotels without working up much of a sweat. These include:
- Hilton Omaha
- Fairfield Inn
- Hampton Inn
- Homewood Suites
- Holiday Inn downtown
- Courtyard by Marriot
- Hilton Garden Inn and Suites
- Embassy Suites
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton downtown
- There are also many attractions, shopping, food and bars with live music within walking distance of the ballpark. This is an entirely new area for Omaha – the majority of these stores and restaurants have opened up within the past year. I’ve included links to some of the businesses in the area:
- The ballpark is about a ten minute walk from Omaha’s Old Market. If you haven’t had a chance to explore the Old Market, it is an excellent arts and entertainment district with fabulous dining, shopping and nightlife, including
- The Omaha Visitors Center is also close to the TD Ameritrade Ballpark at 1001 Farnam Street. It has a coffee/snack bar, an Omaha store and bike rentals.