I mean really!
Already people are already talking about the Clemson game, but we have shown in years past that FCS opponents are not always gimme games for the cocks.
I don't know about anyone else, but I think that Coastal is going to give us all we can handle on Saturday. This is not just sisters of the poor U, this is a 10-1 team that will likely win the big south, and play in the FCS playoffs. They have an explosive offense that has set multiple big south records this year, I mean look at these numbers:
With 46 points and six touchdowns scored Saturday versus Presbyterian, Coastal has now:
• scored 510 points, setting a Big South record. The previous mark was 494 by Stony Brook in 2011.
• scored 68 touchdowns, setting a Big South record. The previous mark was 66 by Stony Brook in 2011.
• is averaging 45.5 points per game and is on pace to set a Big South record. Current mark is 42.6 ppg by Liberty in 2007
• scored 65 offensive touchdowns, setting a Big South record. The previous mark was 61 by Stony Brook in 2011
• scored 41 rushing touchdowns, setting a Big South record. The previous mark was 41 by Stony Brook in 2011
• scored 40-plus points in eight games, setting a big South record. The previous mark was seven by Stony Brook in 2011
The other thing that scares me about this team, and should scare everyone else too, is that they have a friggin genius for a head coach. read this Seriously. Read it. Feel Scared.
The defense better come ready to play, or we could find ourselves in a big hole quick. I do like how our O matches up, but I hope we look like we did against Ark, and not Florida.
I urge you fellow Carolina fans, don't look ahead. A loss to a FCS team would be a horrible shit stain on what would otherwise be a great season. Lets not forget about Coastal.