It appears that Victor Hampton's career will end as frustratingly as it began. South Carolina's top cornerback won't start against Wisconsin after he and starting SPUR Sharrod Golightly violated team rules.
CB Vic Hampton and spur Sharrod Golightly will not start due to violation of team rules, source says. Coaches discretion on when they enter
— Josh Kendall (@JoshatTheState) January 1, 2014
Hampton's absence, however, creates a gaping hole in the South Carolina secondary. Ahmad Christian's decision to transfer leaves the Gamecocks with just four scholarship backups and only one of those, Rico McWilliams, has earned significant playing time in 2013 or any other season, for that matter.
- Capital One Bowl: Three Keys and Prediction
- The Half Cocked Show, podcast #132: 2014 Capital One Bowl Preview
- Gamecock Basketball: Carolina throttles Herd
- Capital One Bowl: Crossing Enemy Lines with Bucky's 5th Quarter
- Brandon Shell: All eligible South Carolina offensive linemen expected to return in 2014