Elliott Freisman. Freisenberg. Fry Daddy. Daddy Frybucks.
Whatever you choose to call South Carolina's rising sophomore kicker, call him something other a walk-on. Fry announced via Twitter and Instragram that he has earned a full scholarship for the 2014 season on the heels of his stunning debut season in which he made 15 of 18 field goal attempts, including a game-winner on the road against No. 5 Missouri.
Hard work pays off! Just got the papers, I earned a full scholarship at USC! #fullride #gamecocknation http://t.co/O444PYVTCS— Elliott fry (@elliott_fry22) January 4, 2014
Fry becomes South Carolina's 69th scholarship football player in 2014, meaning that the Gamecocks will be able to sign as may as 13 players in the upcoming recruiting class if no one else decides to transfer.
- Football roster news: Kendric Salley expected to seek a transfer
- 2014 Capital One Bowl final score: South Carolina's 34-24 win over Wisconsin provides closure
- Bruce Ellington declares for NFL Draft
- Gamecock Basketball Preview: SC State
- Capital One Bowl: South Carolina Gamecocks Beat Wisconsin Badgers 34-24, Jadeveon Clowney to Enter NFL Draft