South Carolina announced on Wednesday morning that its men's basketball game against Vanderbilt would be postponed until Thursday due to inclement weather.
Carolina - Vanderbilt Basketball Game Postponed: After consulting with the Southeastern Conference it has been... http://t.co/6ZywZQTTW5— Gamecock MBB (@GamecockMBB) February 12, 2014
At this time, the time for the make-up contest has not been announced. South Carolina intends to release this information as soon as it has it on GamecocksOnline.com.
The Gamecocks enter the contest with a 1-9 record in SEC play and looking to knock off a Vanderbilt team that has split its first 10 SEC games despite losing two of their best players to injury and suspension earlier this season. The delay also means South Carolina faces a short turnaround of just 48 hours before it hosts Alabama on Saturday. The Crimson Tide defeated Ole Miss 67-64 in their game last night, and thus will have the benefit of four days rest before they face the Gamecocks in Columbia.
- Gamecock basketball returns home to face Vanderbilt
- Gamecock baseball: SEC coaches pick South Carolina to win the conference
- Steve Spurrier claims Big Ten school used negative recruiting against South Carolina
- Interview with South Carolina quarterback signee Michael Scarnecchia
- South Carolina Women's Basketball: Lady Gamecocks Defeat Arkansas, Earn Top-Five Ranking