- The game's nine total touchdowns were scored by nine different players.
- Both starting defensive ends netted a sack (Gerald Dixon's resulted from the intentional grounding penalty.) This occurred once last season, when Jadeveon Clowney and Chaz Sutton both had a sack against Vanderbilt.
- Skai Moore has led South Carolina in tackles each of the past two games.
- Shon Carson averaged nearly 30 yards a kick return.
- Dylan Thompson threw 11 of his 30 passes in the first quarter, and just 4 in the second half. In the second half, he was 2-4 for 31 yards and an interception. He was sacked on a fifth dropback.
- Meanwhile, Brandon Wilds and Mike Davis combined for 124 yards rushing the second half.
- Al Harris Jr. had one pass breakup and one tackle for loss. Something to build on...
- The only third down Georgia converted in the first half was the result of a Jordan Diggs unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. At the very least, offsetting penalties should have been called on Diggs and Todd Gurley, who headbutted Bryson Allen-Williams during the aftermath of the play.
- Meanwhile, South Carolina was 0 for 4 in third down conversions in the second half. Georgia was 5 for 8. Both teams converted a 4th down.
- When Hudson Mason fumbled the snap on 3rd and 3 inside the South Carolina ten yard line, he actually gained 2 yards. Instead of a 4th and 3, it was 4th and 1, which Gurley easily picked up. He'd score the following play.
- TJ Gurley tackled Todd Gurley twice.
- The Gamecocks led for the final 47:40 of the game.
- While South Carolina was -2 in turnovers-both of which occurred in their own territory-Georgia only scored 3 points off those turnovers. Limiting Georgia to a field goal off the Wilds fumble would prove to be the difference in the game.
- The Gamecocks have been outscored in the 4th quarter in each of their three games this season.
- Not that this is lost on you, but this game was decided by a razor-thin field goal miss and a centimeter of turf.
- On that note, a question for commenters: how did this viewing experience stack up with 2011 game, another three point nailbiter that was decided late?
- Do not claim transitive victory over Clemson. Remember last year? It means nothing.
- Do claim actual victory over UGA. Because we beat UGA
USC-UGA '14: Tidbits
Various and sundry factoids relating to last night's victory over Georgia.