1) Alabama Crimson Tide - Nick Saban might be the only coach in history to be upset after winning the first two games by a combined score of 90-16.
2) Texas A&M Aggies - The Aggies beat up on a hapless Prairie View A&M team. While that may not seem impressive, it’s more than last week’s #2 Power Poll team accomplished.
3) Tennessee Volunteers - It took a while, but the Volunteers may have finally woken up. After starting the game down 14-0, the Volunteers went on a 45-10 run to close the game.
4) Florida Gators - I guess I’ll move Florida up for thrashing Kentucky. Kentucky is bad while Florida is probably pretty good, so they did what they’re supposed to do.
5) Ole Miss Rebels - South Carolina fans know how frustrating playing the Wofford Terriers can be. But the Fighting Chad Kelly’s took care of business last night.
6) Arkansas Razorbacks - #BertBall is off and running after an upset of TCU on the road. After struggling to beat Louisiana Tech last week, this is an impressive victory for the Razorbacks.
7) Georgia Bulldogs - Georgia will be fine, and they’ll likely be in the hunt for the SEC East title come November. But it was fun watching the ‘Dawgs panic a bit Saturday afternoon.
8) Auburn Tigers - At least Gus Malzahn’s offense can roll over Arkansas State. Which is more than some teams in this conference can say.
9) LSU Tigers - Brandon Harris was pulled after starting 1-4 for 8 yards. They then turned to Purdue transfer Danny Etling. Etling went 6-14 and 100 yards in the Tigers’ 34-13 win. A win’s a win, I guess, but it wasn’t overly impressive.
10) Mississippi State Bulldogs - I put the Bulldogs at 14th in my power poll last week. But give those guys credit, they came out and outplayed South Carolina last night.
11) South Carolina Gamecocks - This is probably the highest Carolina will be ranked in any SB Nation power poll. Despite last night’s loss, I still think the Gamecocks are better than Missouri, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.
12) Missouri Tigers - Drew Lock had a huge night against Eastern Michigan. While that may not seem to be a huge accomplishment, it might be the confidence booster Missouri’s offense needs.
13) Vanderbilt Commodores - Vanderbilt routed Middle Tennessee State. So at least Derek Mason continues to prove he can beat out of conference teams.
14) Kentucky Wildcats - The last time the Wildcats beat Florida Ronald Reagan was president. That’s not good.