So instead of writing up a whole new list of rules, we decided to use the ones that were already in place. All these can be summed up in one phrase: Be nice. If you wouldn't want it said to you, don't say it to someone else.
HOWEVER, if you need a more detailed explanation of the rules and guidelines here, read on:
1. Hate speech is absolutely not allowed. Hate speech is defined as language whose intent is to wound someone based on that member's personal identity, whether that be racial, gender, occupational, etc. We encourage debate here--you are welcome to challenge ideas vigorously. However, attack the people who hold or stand for those ideas is unacceptable. If you are unsure whether something you want to say crosses the line, refrain from saying it. This is the most serious of our rules; crossing the line on this one will from this point forward result in an immediate ban.
2. Please treat fans of other schools with respect. All of us have probably had a run-in with a rude Clemson or Georgia fan, but for the most part the ones that post here are going to be friendly and should be appreciated for being cool enough to join our conversations.
3. The flip side of rule two: if you're a fan of another school, you must exercise the same respect for us that we exercise for you. If you don't, you won't be allowed to come back.
4. Please refrain from using profanity, which is inconsistent with the reasoned tone we wish to adopt here. I'm not trying to be the naughty language police here, but it's my experience that when people start using profanity, the discussion is probably about to devolve. That's not what we want here.
5. Personal attacks on USC coaches and players are not allowed. You are free to criticize their performance, but don't let criticism bleed into malicious attacks.
6. The final rule is that, in the event of a breach of conduct, the moderators reserve the right to edit or delete any offensive comments and / or warn or ban the offending community member. The opinions expressed in the comments sections do not necessarily reflect the opinions of GABA, and if you see an objectionable comment, please notify us.