We know everyone is enjoying
totally not at all nitpicking a rather dominating performance against the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday night, so there should be no real cause for the Monday Morning Optimist to drop in and shine a light but alas here we are...
Before we begin, allow me a brief digression:
- If you leave a game before the final whistle you are not a bad person.
- If you leave a game before the final whistle you are not a ‘bad fan’.
- If you leave a game before the final whistle you are not a ‘sorry ass’.
- If you bought the ticket to the game YOU CAN COME AND GO AS YOU DANG WELL LIKE.
Okay. Got that out of the way. Let us continue.
Saturday saw a lot of positives, including a defense that held the C-A-T-S to fewer than 215 yards of offense; they only converted two third downs and both came in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, both Rico Dowdle and Tavien Feaster racked up more than 100 yards rushing, and both averaged more than 6.5 yards per carry. The Gamecocks forced Kentucky to punt nine times. NINE. That’s also the number of first downs Kentucky had.
I could go on and on. Namely this:
F O R E V E R T O T H E E pic.twitter.com/xMZBX1ksrg— Gamecock Athletics (@GamecocksOnline) September 29, 2019
I could go on and on about how much I love this university and how incredible the people are that represent and embody the flagship bastion of higher learning in the state but this is a sports blog so Let’s go back and see what the world was like the last time we put Mark Stoops in his place:
- Rob Ford was the coolest mayor, ever.
- Lance Armstrong was still a hero.
- Justin Beiber had a pet monkey.
- The Pope hadn’t LOGGED ON.
- Manti Te’o had a girlfriend.
- Nobody knew what Candy Crush was.
- Nobody knew what a Cronut was, either.
- Dennis Rodman was the foreign ambassador to North Korea.
See?! Things are looking up!!!
Hope you all have a great Monday.