Welcome back to the weekly Q&A with our brother site(?), Good Bull Hunting. That’s honestly one of the better names for a fan page I’ve ever heard. Anyway, let’s see what our rival of the week had to say about this week’s matchup.
1. What about South Carolina’s football team makes you the most scared about Saturday night?
Will Muschamp. Many Aggies are extremely timid souls despite all of our bravado, and there is a genuine fear among the fanbase that if you look into Will Muschamp's eyes for more than two seconds he will see your deepest, innermost fears and control your thoughts.
2. What could end up being the last straw for Kevin Sumlin to end up getting fired?
Well, this haywagon already seems to be stacked to capacity. If you go by our Facebook comments, he's been living on borrowed time for years. But I imagine a home loss to Bob Davie's New Mexico squad would cause the more vocal elements of the Board of Regents to finally get their wish.
3. How should the Aggies’ offense attack USC’s defense?
By not getting too goddang cute. No one I know is optimistic that this will happen.
4. Do you think the bend don’t break defense of the Gamecocks will hold up against Kellen Mond and crew?
This is an interesting matchup, because we haven't always been stellar in the red zone. If we are forced to score touchdowns from inside the 10 as opposed to breaking long plays, it's probably going to lean in the Gamecocks' favor. We actually call our red zone offense just plain old "break".
5. How do most fans feel about this matchup?
This is one of the most storied and intense rivalries in all of college football (ed. note: he’s joking) and we can't wait to welcome the Gamecock faithful to Kyle Field for the second time ever.
6. What’s one way Jake Bentley and the South Carolina offense could have a big day?
Do you have a tight end? Use one of those.
7. Any significant injuries we should know about?
Apart from starting QB Nick Starkel and star safety Donovan Wilson both having ankle surgery after the UCLA game, we should be good to go. Senior defensive tackle Zaycoven Henderson went down late in the Arkansas game but Sumlin has said this week that he should be available Saturday.
8. Who’s winning this game?
The fans: the pageantry and history of this fabled rivalry game (ed. note: yes, again, he’s joking) makes it one of the must-sees of the weekend.
Aggies win by a field goal? I don't know, with the way both teams played in the fourth quarter last week it could get interesting.