Time for our Monday rankings update. As expected, the polls looked favorably upon our big week. Baseball America, Rivals.com, and Collegiate Baseball each have us at 6th, while ESPN / USA Today has us at 7th. Perhaps most importantly, we also moved up a bit--although only a bit--in the RPI, up to 14th. I'll have to admit I find it surprising that we're so low there; I know our midweek games have to work against our SOS, but we've beaten plenty of good teams, too. All in all, though, we look good for hosting a regional and possibly receiving a national seed if we can win this weekend.
A few other bits of news:
- Martay Mattox commits to USC. Mattox is a relatively highly regarded dual-threat QB out of Athens.
- Sam Dyson named SEC Pitcher of the Week. Well deserved.
- Winners and losers: Coastal Carolina surges - College Baseball - Rivals.com. Rivals.com talks about the Gamecocks big weekend, among other significant stories in college baseball.
- Good and bad: South Carolina rises up - College Baseball - Rivals.com. South Carolina's pitching staff put together another impressive performance against Arkansas.
- Anchor of Gold, SBN's Vandy blog, has up a nice basketball recruiting analysis.
Stay tuned this week for my way-too-early UGA preview.